Thursday 6 October 2011

Christmas decoration with Magnolia (2)

A shadow box with Magnolia for Christmas home décor.
I had this frame lying around for a couple of years and sometimes I would change the picture in it, but now it had been waiting for me with a project inside and never completed. So as I am into making Christmas decorations, this little frame is going to be part of it.
I used 2 Magnolia stamps ans 2 stamps from Lily of the Valley and 1 stamp from Just-Rite, all stamped in Distress inks and coloured with them.
How I started my initial idea; My Mind's Eye papers for the backdrop and the snowflakes. the snowflake are made with Spellbinders dies and I also cut them out of felt.
The shadow box, finally finished with all the details added. Little flowers from Kaisercraft sprayed with Glimmer Mist and some McGill punched branches. The girls are all ready for the party, dressed in blue.
I just had to add some Stickles for sparkle  on their clothing.
I did a little paper-piecing on the gift box and used the same paper as in the background circle.
The snowflakes have got a little pearl as centre made with Viva pens. The oval stamp has been embossed with holographic powder and then distressed to make the sentiment stand out.
Almost everything has been distressed and I have put Picket Fence Crackle Paint on some edges for a snow-look
I had fun making this, I hope you like it too and had fun visiting.

No comments: