Tuesday 4 October 2011

Christmas decoration with Magnolia (1)

Hello to you all out there,
Interested in the world of papercrafters, cardmakers and scrapbookers? You are more than welcome on this visit.
I have turned a new page in my crafting life. No, I 'm not stopping with cardmaking, but I have come into another kind of mojo, where I want to make home décor and turn my stamped images into something for the home. It might be, because Christmas is the next festivity up and that always brings a good reason to decorate. These days I am just looking for things to recycle, re-use and alter.
I am itching to show you my next project; Santa's little helper from Magnolia. It's an altered candle tin.
The completed altered tin. I bought my Magnolia stamps at Crafts U Love. The image is stamped on 300gms watercolour paper so I could use Tim Holz Distress inks (tattered rose, spun sugar, victorian velvet, peeled paint, pine needles, barn door, pumice stone, brushed corduroy and vintage photo)
The star and the tree are cuts from the Cricut. The tree is cut 3 times and scored in the middle and glued together.
 I put Tilda on an acrylic tab so she appears to be sitting on the edge of the tin. I stacked some pompoms behind Tilda, so you better be carefull, because she might snowball you :)
The roses are from John Lewis. Yes, I do get my craft stuff everywhere... Look at the "all natural wonky" tree. Fine piece of art :) The edges are painted with picket fence crackle paint from Ranger to look like snow.
The paper is from a collection by Papermania and the border is made with a Martha Stewart punch. At the end I sprayed the whole piece with Glimmer Mist Dazzling Diamonds. Sparkle!
Goodbye from cheeky Tilda!

No comments: