Tuesday 13 September 2011

Season's Greetings

Welcome to my first Christmas card of the year with this sweet image by Bells and Whistles from Elisabeth Belle.
I had already coloured this image in June during my holiday in the Lakes. I actually coloured a whole stack of images then and kept them for when I had more time to make cards.
I used a Nestabilitie frame called Fleur de Lis with absolutely beautiful details and a scalloped oval to cut the image. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
I used Viva Gold pearl pen to make the little gold dots on the frame and the background and added blue Stickles to her eyes.
The flowers are made up out of white roses and Prima hydrangeas sprayed with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist and gold Stickles on the roses.
I made the snowflake from a cut from the Christmas cartridge with my Cricut. I actually made a whole batch, so you will be seeing them a lot more on my cards. The snowflakes are cut on white cardstock. I then covered them with Liquid Appliqué and let them dry. When heated with the heatgun, they turn all puffy. I added some Stickles for the glitter and distressed the edges with ink. In the center is a Doodlebug gem.
The inside of the card has also been decorated with the remaining frame from the Nestabilities and a Hero Arts sentiment. All the papers are from Marianne Design called Eline's Vintage Christmas.
Hope you like it and thanks for visiting.

No comments: