Sunday 22 May 2011

Stampavie card 2: Wonderful friend

Hello and Happy Birthday to my darling mother. Love you, sweetheart, looking forward to our holiday together.
I am on a roll and in the mood for colouring with my Caran d'Ache pencils.
So good to have YouTube at hand. Thanks to all the people sharing their gifts with others, because I am good at stealing with my eyes... Not sure if I would ever make a YouTube upload, but I appreciate every bit of it.
I have used another of my long-time-ago-purchased Stampavie stamps, never inked this one before.
At first I was thinking of making a baby card with this one, but not many newborns in the neighbourhood. Although 2 colleagues have announced their pregnancy, but are not due until October and December. I am not going to start on their cards yet...
 I love colouring on Kraft card, such a happy medium. If you have never tried it, please do, you 'll be surprised at what effects you can achieve on this cardstock. It is much easier for me to work with pencils and get shadowing and layering than with Copics.
The DP is 5th Avenue from Melissa Frances with some inking on the edges, Ribbon, lace and 2 little lace flowers give this card a soft feel. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and die-cut with Nestabilities tags.
Something else; you probably have heard of Adele, singer/songwriter? I love this song of hers and dedicate it to the love of my life. "These words are for you, mannetje, 'cause I love you.".

Thanks for looking and all your kind comments.

No comments: