Sunday 19 December 2010

Warmest Wishes

I love making Christmas cards, especially if I can do my own thing. That is exactly what I have been doing lately. I have not bothered with any challenges or contests, I just wanted to decide for myself.
I have used Making Memories papers. Nothing Christmassy about it? I do disagree, just love the unusual combination of it.
The blue background is actually K&Co Que Sera Sera paper, then some ledger paper from Making Memories and papers from the Just Chillin' range of MM. The bauble border is from the Doodlecharms cart and cut with the Gypsy to get the correct length and size for the card. I am getting more used to the gypsy and using it a lot more. The flowers are sprayed with Glimmer Mist and the spruce is a Marianne die, which I coloured.
 The image is stamped on cotton rag from Paperchase and coloured with watercolour pencils and some Sakura white gel pen. I love colouring with pencils, ever since I was a little child and my all-time favourite brand is Caran d'Ache. When I was 6, I had a little box with the Matterhorn in Zermatt on it and I am so happy they still sell them like this. Best pencils ever. I have tried Staedler and Derwent, but they don't feel the same even.
The stamps are ofcourse Penny Black Jolly Friends and Hero Arts.
A sentimental note to end with, Christmas is coming.

No comments: