Wednesday 29 December 2010

Tissue paper flowers

A sneak peek of a project I am working on; tissue flowers.
I had some red tissue paper lying around, actually 3 different ones, one was waxy and all 3 were different shades of red.
I folded the tissue and cut 2 different sized circles with my Spellbinders. The advantage of tissue paper is that you can cut several layers at once. I tried a punch, but it just ripped the paper.
I folded the circles in 4 and then cut some waves on the edges to get an irregular shape, rather than just a circle.

Then I stacked up to 8 (4 small on top of 4 larger circles) and punched a hole with my Cropadile in the middle.
I then stuck a big brad in the middle, just an ordinary one from the stationers 'cause you can't see it at all when the flower is finished.
Then I sprayed Glimmer Mist on the circles, just lightly so it is moist, and started scrunching up the inner layers upwards. A bit fiddely, but the end effect is lovely. You can work it as much as you like.
When finished, I gave it a final spray with Glimmer Mist. I tried several colours, but the iridescent gold worked best.
I also cut some leaves out in felt using a Marianne design die.
The felt was a bit too thick and would hardly go through my Cuttlebug. It didn't cut the leaves out completely, but left an imprint deep enough to make it easy to cut with scissors.
I used Olive Vine Glimmer Mist to colour the white felt.
Stay tuned, I 'll be making some cards with these lovelies.

No comments: