Thursday 15 July 2010

Magenta Style cards

Hi there,
I treated myself to 2 new craft books last Saturday. We took a trip to Brighton and had a lovely day. Glad we spent the day close to the sea, because that made the heat bearable. While wandering around through Brighton's lovely shopping streets, I spotted 2 books for £2.99 each. Bargain!
One is Magenta Style papercrafts and it gave me the ideas for my next 2 cards. I used 2 Crafty Individuals stamps. I hadn't used the letter background yet, but I must say I really like it. The whole Magenta Style has got an Eastern/ Indian feel to it -at least that is my opinion-.
This time no sentiment and I used gold peel-offs, can't remember the time I used to use these. I still have stacks of them. The bird image is stamped on 4 colors of Coordinations cardstock and then cut out and framed. This one is colored with Whispers Strokes brush pens. All images have been embossed.
Here I used Sakura gelpens to color the peel-offs. This style might not be a permanent thing for me, but I will keep trying it once in a while.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Love these birds and the flowers. Very pretty!
Monica