Tuesday 13 July 2010

Happy Wishes from Smookie

A little dragon stamp, its name is Smookie, from Nellie Snellen.
I got this stamp from my mom a while ago and never thought I 'd use it. Now finally I felt inspired to use it, mainly because I was looking for a small image and wanted to color with green. How funny is that?
But I like the way it turned out and it looks rather cute, specially with little mousy keeping company.
Again a lot of punching for this card, 5 different types were used on this card. I like this frame-creating with corner punches. I ran into a bit of bad luck this time as my -more than 10 year old punch- collapsed on me. The plastic frame fell apart and all the metal bits and 2 springs popped out. I put it back together, but even the thoughest Locktite couldn't hold it. A good excuse to buy another one...
A close up of the coloring, used a whole lot of different color Copics. The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts and the flower stamp at the back of it is from Making Memories. I used Marianne Design Eline's Vintage paper and flower centers are also MD's. Some Viva pearls to create the pearls and some Stickles for the fireworks.
I love the look of many of the Dutch products and they have won over the British market, so it seems. It is now very easy to find their products in almost every craft shop. Bring it on! I browse everything on the Internet and it's good to see some new stuff come over here.
I got to go now. I have the day off, but I 've got errands to run and need to pick up DH by 12:30 for lunch.
And it is raining today and a bit cooler. Think my flowers and the birdies will be happy.

2 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

Oh Margaret this is just adorable. He is so cute sitting on the moon. Your coloring is amazing. I am totally jealous.
It is pretty hot here. Could use rain and cooler temps. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute card... Love the stamp and the flowers.