Tuesday 29 June 2010

Tilda with birdcage

Hello blog friends,
I haven't posted much lately.
My holiday is over now and mom went back to Belgium last Saturday. She had a wonderful time and was feeling much better. She is still recovering from her ordeal of last January. She 's still very skinny and wobbly, but we did manage to get out to do some shopping and we also managed a short walk in the New Forest around the Knightwood Oak. I think she loved every bit of it. The weather was good to us too, it was actually hot all week.


Yes, my mom is so much smaller than me, and now my DH took this picture, which I find hilarious. I 'm standing on this tree trunk and mom is behind me looking up into the trees, making her look like a little hobbit, LOL.
This is the card I made, my take on shabby chic. The card is cut with the Wild Card cartridge of the Cricut, such a wonderful cut to work with, I think.
I decorated all 4 sides of the card, clear embossing the back and the front of the card.
I colored the image with Copics and made my own pearls with Viva pearl pen. The papers and flower dies are from Marianne Design Eline's Vintage. Check out Eline Pellinkhof 's blog, it's fabulous and sweet.
I used a Papertrey sentiment and the Spellbinders label tags.
I used a bit of Silver Ice Stickles on the flowers and Martha Stewart butterflies. The note stamp is from Papermania Boutique. The silver pearls are made with Ranger 's Liquid Pearls and do not work as well as the Viva pearl pen.
The front and back of the card are stamped and embossed with Papermania stamps. I used Old Paper Distress Ink to stain the edges.
Hope you like this card, I had lots of fun making it.

2 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

I am so happy to see you getting to spend time with your mom. She looks wonderful. The two of you look like mymom and I. She is much shorter than me.

These are such lovely cards Margaret. I love them both. The pearly accents are beautiful. :)
Hugs,
Heather

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Tilda is just gorgeous! I love how you embossed the inside. A very beautiful card! It looks like you had so much fun with mom... treasured memories, I'm sure.