Friday 21 May 2010

Gift box and birthday card

Hello there,
This post is a bit picture heavy as I 've made 2 items for a friend's birthday.
I'm a bit in a hurry, because I still need to buy the giftcard and I need to give it to her today. Monday is her birthday, but I won't be seeing her 'cause she's flying out to the Philipinnes for 3 weeks. Today she's at work so I 'll go and catch her there.
This is the card; the sentiment is from Woodware stamps. I cut all the die-cuts in white American Crafts card and chalked the colors on them. To seal the colors I used Pearl Glimmer Mist which also gives it a nice shine.
Blue paper is from K&Co and pink papers from We R Memory Keepers Tiffany's pad.
Lid of the box; the flowers are cut with Spellbinders Shapeabilities Flower Creations on recycled cotton paper. They had the same color treatment as above. The gems are from Doodlebug, pearls from Papermania.
The sentiment and other cuts are from Create A Critter.
The front side of the box.
Right side.
The back.
The left side.
All items together.
The only Copic used, is the red for the cherry which has also been glazed. Some small round and heart gems are from the 99p store.
I'm off now to the shops to get a gift card, might stop in TKMaxx. My favourite store. I'm always in for a bargain.
I only paid £19.99 and it has all these stamps from Autumn Leaves in it, plus an amethyst ink pad, plus a book by Autumn Leaves. The bonus item was a pack of  plain tags from Paper Reflections. I thought it was super! Only mistake I made was that I thought I would have the same stamps as on the picture. The box was sealed in the shop, but I still have a good deal; a calender set, sentiments, flourishes, spring stamps, baby stamps, flowers.... Very good! I'm off to the hunt, Bye! 

1 comment:

Heather Rogers said...

Such a sweet box Maragret. Looks like you got an awesome deal on those stamps. :)