Tuesday 16 February 2010

Sweet Baby

It's been raining through the night and it's still coming down this morning, but it makes me feel like spring is on the way. Can't wait for it, so I can go to work again on my little folding bicycle.
There's a cycle path right through the area I live in and it leads me up to the industial estate where the clinic is. I love it, because it leads all through trees and green and I hear the birds sing as I cycle along. It makes my heart happy and calm before the hectic workday starts. In the evening after a long day this is another story, because my legs are so tired from running around 11.5 hours, it takes me a bit longer to cycle home.

I made a baby card for a Spring baby. There 's a card in Cards magazine with the chick cut from A Child's Year for Easter, but it made me think of little ones born at this time of the year, when all is fresh and green and all in nature they 're having their babies.
Supplies: paper Marianne Design and DCWV, cardstock DCWV, flowers Hero Arts, jewels Doodlebug, pearl Papermania, glitter Glitz-it, ink Tsukineko, stamp Basic Grey Offbeat, color Copic, flock Doodlebug, baby and chick A Child's Year, Sweet from Sweethearts cartridge, lime key Shimmerz.
A close-up with the glittered and flocked die-cuts.
This card is also my entry for A Spoon full of Sugar; Spring Time.

I finally bought another permanent adhesive filling for my Xyron 510. I 've had this since 2003, but never used it much due to the price of the refills. I might just start using it a bit more now in combination with my Cricut, but only for the more complicated cuts. I use a Zig pen and mostly it dries before I finish glueing the whole piece. So I got my Xyron back out of the closet after 7 years.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Too funny! I haven't used my Xyron in years either. I think I had a bad tape cartridge...it didn't stick very well and I just got fed up with it and put it away. I use a Zig pen too. Have to work fast. :D Cute card!