Thursday 3 September 2009

Water works

Hello,
Like I promised; won't waste the Doodlebug paper. Here are 2 cards I made with the leftovers.
Probably one of the last summer themed card of the year I 'll be making. Although... never say this for sure. It will depend on my mood and the sun. At least it was sunny today. I'm hoping for a bright and beautiful autumn. We 'll be heading off to the New Forest then. Love the colors and smells.
These cards are made using the Cricut's Graphically speaking cart. I was wondering what to make with the water theme. Thought it would be a nice summer card.
The cardstock is from an old supply I bought in Belgium. It 's a pastel stack with fading colors. I don't remember where I got the bright yellow from. The bubbles are also cut with the Cricut and layered 4 times.
These 2 cards are just slightly different and although I didn't take a picture, the inside is also decorated with stickers.
The ribbon is from Hobbycraft and attached with glue dots. I used stickers from my Sandylion collection. I have collected so many of these over the years, never intending to use them until now. They match well with the colors and the water theme and they are sparkly... What more can you want.
The buttons and rings are from Autumn Leaves' French Twist. I do like this little bag of buttons which I bought at Crafts U Love. The funny thing was that they had added these rings, no button at all. Unless you would sew it with a rope and knot. Here is a close-up to let you see.Hope you like it. I am now working on a scrapbook layout of our last trip to the New Forest. So that will keep me out of mischief for a while. Have a nice day, thanks for looking.

No comments: