Tuesday 8 September 2009

Hope, a sympathy card

Hello,
Just finished my late shift and I 'm not ready for bed yet. I need to unwind first, so I'll share a card I 've made for a colleague who 's recently lost her mother. Really feel for her as she also just got married and then lost her mom.
I made a bit of an effort with this card, but I think it paid off.
Supplies: paper: Basic Grey Porcelain,white card: Anita's, olive cardstock: DCWV, ink: Ranger and Tsukineko, Pearl glimmer mist from Tattered Angels, stamps: Crafty Individuals and Tesco for the little rose, rub-on from DCWV's Rub0on quote stack, flowers from Prima, flourish is die-cut with the Cricut's Storybook cartridge.
Here 's a close-up to show you the stamped rose background with the rub-on over the top.
I like how all the colors fit together and give the card a certain feel. I find it the most difficult type of card to make, because I am never sure about the colors and if I say too much or too little.
My colleague liked it anyway, but more I hope she'll be strenghtend by knowing that I'm thinking of her.

No comments: