Monday 3 August 2009

Romantic card

Hello,
Just finished making this card. I kept the colors really soft to give it a touch of romance. LOL.
I used a ordinary white card which I embossed in the Cuttlebug using the Swiss dots. It took a bit of puzzling to get the whole length of the card done. The bottom edge I punched using Martha Stewart Simple scallop punch. I put a strip of paper behind the scallop that I distressed with Tim Holz Distress ink Tattered Rose and Tea Dye. The same Tattered Rose is used behind the vintage rose scrap. The frame behind the birds is done with Tattered angels Vintage Rose Glimmer Mist and I used a brayer to spread the bubbles out. I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities Deckled rectangles for the frames. The vintage beige paper, post stamp and the top rose are from Marianne Design Eline' Vintage. The scrap in the bottom corner is from Mamelok Press which I bought at "The Old Apothecary" in Lyndhurst.
The bird stamp is from Crafty Individuals and stamped in VersaMagic Wheat, then colored with Copic Ciao. The flowers are from Hero Arts and I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist Olive Vine and Vintage Rose. The brad is from Basic Grey Porcelain collection and I put Diamond Stickles over the top. The lace is really old and has changed color, making it perfect for my project. I got this lace from my mother who had saved it for many years.
Thanks for visiting, goodbye.

No comments: