Thursday 13 August 2009

Boy, oh, boy

Good morning, It 's a lovely day and I 'm enjoying a day off. The last 2 days at work have been really hectic. Two 11.5 hour shifts do make me tired. As I'm getting older, I realise I'm getting more tired after a days work. Just a year ago I used to do a lot of overtime, but don't ask me now... I would like to share a card I made with Morehead stamps. I used to do decoupage with these cute little children and I still have some decoupage papers lying around so maybe one day. My mother sent me several stampsets from Morehead. I decided on making this little man into a card for a boy or a man.
I stamped the image with black Staz-on onto a handmade sheet of recycled cotton rag. I bought it at Paperchase and they are made in India. You can easily tear the edges to fit to size, that's what I did. Although the "paper" has got frayed edges and come in A6 size.

I colored the image with aquarelle color pencils from Caran d'Ache and I just used a wet brush to blend the colors. I inked the edges of the image with Old Paper Distress Ink from T. Holz. I used Papermania cardstock and cut the card with the Cricut's Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. The designer paper is from Basic Grey's Boxer collection and the rub-ons in the corners too. I distressed the edges with a Tim Holz paper distresser -present from my mom, too-. Mothers always seem to know what their children 'need', mine certainly does. Love her to bits. The little flower stamp is from G-studio and the 'forever'-sentiment is from Royal Langnickel. I tore out the sentiment and popped it up with some 3D foam. Hope you like it, see you later.

No comments: